The Buccaneer Lodge is located in beautiful Waikawa Bay, a short drive from the seaport village of Picton, the main entry and exit point when travelling between the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
Picton has daily ferry services to and from Wellington as well as regular flights via Sounds Air to Wellington.
There is a train that departs daily to Christchurch and there are many bus and shuttle services that can take you to and from Nelson, Blenheim and the West Coast.
Marlborough is known for its wonderful Wine and the 1500kms of coastline that make up the Marlborough Sounds.
The Marlborough Sounds offers many ways to relax whether it be a day trip on the Mail boat, a cruise to the Queen Charlotte Track or swimming with dolphins.
There are many fishing trips based from Picton along with Wine Tours to Blenheim and sea kayaking in and around the bays.
The following links may be of interest to ensure you make the most of your holiday in Marlborough:
Things to do in Picton
- Marlborough Tourist Information
- Dive Marlborough
- Amazing Scenic flights by float plane from London Quay, Picton
Marlborough Sounds & Queen Charlotte TrackBoat Charter & Hire
- Cruise/walk/mountain bike/kayak with the Cougarline
- Beachcomber's famous Mailboat run/fun cruises
- Queen Charlotte Track walks
Marlborough Sounds Ecotour - Specialists in Dolphin Watch Ecotours
- Stunning Scenic Helicopter Flights over Marlborough vineyards and Sounds
- Cycle the Wineries
- Wine Tours with Sounds Connection
- Take your own tour by car or bike download map here
Kayak, Hike & Bike
- Marlborough Sounds Adventure Company
- Marlborough Sounds Sea Kayaking & Queen Charlotte Track with Wilderness Guides
Queen Charlotte Track accommodation
Restaurants close to The Buccaneer Lodge
- Spinnaker Restaurant - fantastic menu & dining with great Queen Charlotte Sound & Waikawa Bay views.
- Jolly Roger Bar & Cafe
How to get here:
- Cook Strait ferries
The 20 minute trip from Wellington includes awesome views of the Marlborough Sounds with Soundsair